Thursday, April 1, 2010

LateBloom'n Geezer Poet Award Goes to... ?!?

All those "YOUNG" this n' that awards and publishing prizes and scholarships and summer camps on Lake Hoochee Koochee.. .where the damn LateBloom'n Geezer Poet Prizes, huh?!?

Like I told a woman in the bar the other night: NO, I am NOT 'young at heart!' Like there's something wrong with being OLD!

When you're young, celebrate youth! When you're old, celebrate all the accidents of fate that got you that far. All or nothin! The whole way, start to finish, womb to the grave. And if at the end the only thing left that moves is your little toe,--do a damn toe dance that'll make people stand up n' shout n' clap!

... as for that award: money's overrated. But I'll let you stand me for a glass of wine! And if you want to publish this MS of poems and my novel, lets talk!



2 comments:

  1. A few people have told me that I have an old soul. I take it as a compliment.

    I'd like to buy you a glass of wine one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Ryan!

    I think we should all get together and buy Conrad a really nice BOTTLE of wine for what he's done for the rep of Philly poetry and poets!

    ReplyDelete